Personal Data Protection Policy
Ohm Energy Pte Ltd (“Ohm”) takes your privacy very seriously. So we ask that you take some time to read our Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”), as it contains important information about what to expect when Ohm collects your personal information, and how we use this information.
You agree to and give consent to us and our authorised service providers in collecting, using, disclosing and/or retaining your Personal Data in the manner described below.
We may update this Policy from time to time to ensure that our Policy is consistent with any regulatory changes. Any revisions or updates made to this Policy, will be published on our website (“Website”). Subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy shall apply.
In the event of any inconsistencies between the provision of the Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
Your Personal Data
In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data, or (b) from other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include, but are not limited to:
- Your name, NRIC/FIN, passport or other identification number, date of birth, phone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any form you may have submitted, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Your residency information such as household size, type of residence, living situation and electricity usage
- Information relating to payments, such as your bank account number or credit card information;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our Website and/or services, including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our Website.
- Transaction history.
- In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data, or (b) from other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include, but are not limited to:
Collection of Your Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
- When you access our Website, or perform an online transaction;
- When you subscribe to our market data services;
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing lists;
- When you interact with any of our employees, authorised service providers and third parties;
- When you complete an order for electricity services, purchase orders, or request for our products or services;
- When you partner with us;
- When you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you respond to our initiatives or promotions;
- When you use electricity supplied by us, or use our web shop products, and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- When you browse our Website, you generally do so anonymously, but please read more about cookies in Paragraph 6.
- Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you
- To assist you with your enquiries;
- To improve customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- To assess, process and provide products and services to you;
- To administer and process any payments related to products and services requested by you;
- To provide you with benefits and services;
- To conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- To keep you updated on our products and services, initiatives, upcoming promotions offered by us and events organised by us and authorised third parties; and
- To maintain and update internal record keeping;
- For internal administrative purposes;
- To send you seasonal greetings messages;
- To share any of your Personal Data with our business partners to jointly develop and provide products and/or services, or launch marketing campaigns;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- As the purposes for which we may collect, use, disclose or process your Personal Data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose(s) may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose(s) at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your Personal Data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
- Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- From time to time, we may contact you via phone, mail, email or social media platforms to inform you about news regarding our products and services. Even if you have registered your phone number with DNC, you agree that we can still contact you for the above matters as our customer.
- You can let us know at any time at email@example.com if you no longer wish to receive news about our products and services, and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database. You can opt out of such marketing materials using the same medium by which the marketing message was sent.
- Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service-related messages to your inbox in the Customer Portal and to your registered email address.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data you have provided us to the following group of third parties for purposes mentioned above, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
- SP Group and SP Group related organisations (e.g. SP Power Grid);
- Energy Market Company ;
- Agents, contractors, or third party service providers who provide services such as sales marketing, mailing, payment collection, provision of third party services that have been sold through our Website or other channels, or market research to Ohm;
- External banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisers such as our auditors or legal counsel;
- Relevant government regulators (e.g. Energy Market Authority), statutory boards or authorities, or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
- Third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branded program providers;
- Our affiliates or related corporations;
- Any other person or businesses in connection with the purposes set forth above.
- If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers, and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- We may disclose your Personal Data you have provided us to the following group of third parties for purposes mentioned above, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
- We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users and the frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our Website, and common entry and exit points into our Websites.
- Such Aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our Website so as to improve your online experience with us.
- Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the Website and you could be negatively affected when you access the Website.
- The Website may provide links to external websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the Personal Data Protection Policies of such websites operated by third parties even though they are linked to our Website. Your use of external websites and resources is at your own risk.
- We encourage you to learn about the Policies of such third party website(s) by checking the Policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
of Your Personal Data
- We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
of Your Personal Data
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date. We also rely on your cooperation in that when you input your Personal Data, it is also accurate and correct.
- You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by changing/updating/correcting your data in your Customer Portal.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy, you may drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, we may no longer be in a position to continue supplying electricity to your premises.
- Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any supply agreement that you may have with us and an Early Termination Fee may apply.
- If you have any questions or complaints relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please send us a message via your Customer Portal.